Hand and Heart Chiropractic
2118 Main Street East
Snellville GA 30078
5 facts about car accidents:
1. Just because your car is not damaged does not mean you’re not. Bumpers take a lot of the force of a slow moving impact, but not all. The force has to travel somewhere and it travels through you. If in doubt always consult a chiropractor first.
2. Seat belts prevent you from being thrown against the steering wheel and from being thrown out of the car. You are, however, thrown against the belt. Shoulder injuries and whiplash are common symptoms and should be addressed by a qualified chiropractor.
3. Pain can take up to 10 days to show up after the most minor of car accidents. In particular, injuries to muscles, ligaments, and tendons can take weeks to manifest.
4. Even minor accident-related injuries can take up to 3 months of regular chiropractic treatment to show tangible and lasting relief from pain.
5. When you are in a car accident you are often jarred forward unexpectedly, making your head and neck especially vulnerable. After a car accident it is always advisable to see your doctor as soon as possible.
For more information contact our team at Hand & Heart Chiropractic 770-343-7473!